Tuesday, September 18, 2012

OMG, do I feel special!

I got awarded the Versatile Blogger award last week. It's the first award I've ever gotten for my blog and was pretty much a huge friggin' deal to me. Can you imagine the shock I felt when I got a SECOND award on Sunday?? Yeah, completely surprised.

This time I was awarded the Very Inspiring Blog Award and I'm so grateful to Molly over at Grass Oil for this award. It shouldn't be a surprise that she is also a recipient of this award. Go give her a read. 

Here are the rules for this award: 


The Very Inspiring Blogger Award is an award given out by people who got one themselves and they give it out to 10 people again and so on…ok this sounds a bit confusing, but read on and you will get it. To accept the award you have to follow some steps. They are:
  • Link back to the person who nominated you 
  • Post the award image to your page
  • Tell seven facts about yourself 
  • Nominate 10 other blogs
  • Let them know they are nominated
Another seven random facts, eh? Let's see if I can come up with some good ones...

1. I've made french toast three times in the last two days. I'm not sure there's an explanation for this, other than it's what the kids keep asking for. 

2. I had an appendectomy in third grade. It's the only surgery I've ever had and it was completely unnecessary. 

3. I require at least one cup of coffee before civil interaction with others is possible. Hello, my name is Megan and I'm a coffee-holic. 

4. I really need to paint my nails.

5. Both my pregnancies ended with an induced labor. Besides developing pregnancy-induced hypertension during the last weeks of gestation, my body seems to handle all aspects of pregnancy, labor and deliver fairly well. 

6. I have three tattoos. GIR from Invader Zim was my first, my tribute to my dad was second and the last, on the first anniversary of Dad's passing, was my biggest: a blossoming lotus and Ohm.

7. My Jeep is FOURTEEN years old and it's got 220,373 miles on it. 30,000 of those miles are mine.


SHIT. Ten other blogs?? Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to come up with the first 15?? Okay. Here we go...

Shit Your Mother Never Told You tells you everything your mom never did. I just found her recently and I'm glad I did!

I know all too well that place Where the Sanity Ends but this blog is from a therapist and makes me realize I'm not ll that cray-cray. 

You know when you're laughing so hard, you start crying? That's called Craughing and you can do LOTS of it with this blog. She's also started this AMAZING project called SWAP, or the Self-Worth Action Project -- trade in your negativity for some positive self-worth!

While her blog is titled World's Worst Moms, she clearly isn't the worst mom in any world. Get to know here in the Newbies Start Here tab. 

I'm Sorry that I'm not Sorry is a blog that makes no apologies. I dig that.

I find there are themes to the blogs I follow and The Klonopin Chronicles is no different. She let's us in on her struggle with bi-polar and for that, I give her so much love. 

You guys might not know it but I'm pretty crafty but over at Homespooled, she makes my crafty look like Kindergarten art. Go get spooled!!

Insane in the Mom-brain is fucking hilarious. She says "balls" like it's a curse words so I know we'd get along. 

You think one toddler is bad, The Nitty Gritty Mommy has three PRESCHOOLERS and two of them are five year old twin boys. That alone is inspirational.

And last, but far from least is Rocker Mom Rambles. First, she's a rockin' mom. Second, SHE HAS FUCKING PINK HAIR. I know they say red & pink DO NOT go together but I'm pretty sure we'd be a match made in Punk Rock Heaven.

WHEW! I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull that off but I did. Thanks again to Molly at Grass Oil for nominating me, even though it meant I had to work hard at this post. 

2 comments:

  1. So, so freakin' proud of you, my brilliant beautiful author/daughter! Your blog truly is wonderful...keeps me up on the day-to-day stuff that I miss so very much, makes me laugh, makes me cry but best of all, makes me feel like you're just down the road a piece and not 843 miles away! Can't tell you how much that means to me. I look forward to every new "chapter" in your saga. Oh, by the way, don't even tell me I'm just saying that cuz I'm your mom! Love you the most...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews