Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 8 -- Golden Years Challenge

Today is my best friend Angela's 27th birthday and I realize I don't have nearly as many pictures of her as I should :( sorry, Ange, I just seem to be missing a few years...

You've been a part of my family for so long now; I can't believe it's been nineteen years since we met! We've been through so much together and shared so many memories.
My dad took us snipe hunting on this trip and we built an awesome driftwood fort on the beach...then I burned my hand on a smoldering ember. Classic Me.

From elementary school through high school, you were always a best friend. We fought but always got over it and came back to 'sisterhood'.  There's been so much you've helped me through and there are so many memories we share. I love you like a sister because you are my sister. I will always be here for you, through everything, day and night.

You've helped me stay strong a million times, in a million ways. We've been through pregnancies together. We've watched our kids play together and start to grow into little mini-mes (mini-us'??). Do you remember taking me to find out if I was pregnant with #2? You were just as happy and excited as we were <3 We've lost together, grieved for each other and grieved for our fathers together. We are bonded in so many ways and I want you to know; You are still my sister and my best friend.

I hope this next year is a joyous one for you. You've come so far in this world and I know you're feeling truly happy in life right now. 

You are a beautiful person, an amazing mother, a loving sister and valued friend.

I'm so grateful to have you in my life. 
Happy Birthday, Ange; today is a special day <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews