Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 5 -- Golden Years Challenge


Being the only child of a working mom, I spent a lot of time in daycare. A LOT. I vaguely remember a few babysitters & random kids but The Browns were more than neighbors and way more than an in-home daycare. Andy & Tyler were older than me by a few years and made the perfect pseudo-brothers; they gave me all the crap real brothers would but at the end of the day, I still went home an only child.



Jason Lee Elementary School circa 1994
So many hours of my life have been spent on a softball field, all thanks to this first year. I don't think I knew what I was getting into; softball pretty much ruled my life after this. Most of my friends played and  it was always more fun than work. 

This is how I met a short, loud-mouth little girl named Angie Crivellone and after 18 years, she's still my closest friend.



Selling the house I spent most of my childhood, in a sense, marked the end of that childhood. I went into fifth grade that year, my grades started to slip and I realized life's not all fun & games. 

It's kinda bittersweet to see this because I 'm so happy; I was just a kid having a good ol' time, with no idea that the Big Bad World was waiting just around the corner...

If only kids knew how much fun it is to be a kid, maybe they wouldn't be in such a rush to grow up.
♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews