Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 12 -- Golden Years Challenge

Day 12 -- 

My dad would be celebrating his 54th birthday today. I miss you, Dad. Not so much for myself but because of all the fun stuff you're missing with these boys. I suppose I should consider myself lucky you're not here to spoil the snot out of them but I'd rather have two raging brats and a gloating father then no father at all. 

If this weren't obviously an ancient photo, I could mistake you for your grandson! He has that exact same stare, the same head and he's a scrawny little guy too...

I knew as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I was having a boy & I knew he'd be a little you. Thanks, Dad for leaving a little piece of yourself in my boys. 

When I see #2, I see myself and I know all the joy, love, fear you felt looking at me. I know now how much you loved me and that that love literally ruled your life.


I have these two in a frame on my dresser. I remember going to Mall 205 and getting picture strips in the photo booth outside the Emporium. How random. I remember doing so many fun things with you. It was always an adventure...Like the time I got lost in OMSI and had to get a security guard to find you. 

One of our last photos together. I had so much fun that day...North Carolina was a huge learning experience for me; I learned about guilt by association, self respect and dignity. It was all learned the hard way  and I am so glad I didn't have to stay there. I look back on that time with fondness and regret...


You were such a handsome old man! Unlike most men, you aged very well and had that distinguished look. You never let me live down the one time I said your hair was silver, not grey. =) When people tell me, "You look just like your dad.", I take it as a huge compliment because in my head, it means I'll age nicely. 

Well, Old Man, here's to you! I love you so much and I know you're watching over us. I know you hear me talking to you and I know you help out in every way you can. 

I love you, Daddy and I really miss you.


**Pictures censored for privacy**

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews