Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 26 -- Golden Years Challenge

Day 26 --

Having a big family is something I hadn't experience until Jay and I became a couple. The man has no less then TEN siblings and most of them are married which adds sibling-in-laws. I will admit, it was a little overwhelming at first but I love all of them so much. Having a big family is like being a part of your own small community; you watch out for each other and care for each other, you fight and make up. Being a part of a big family teaches you a ton about how to get along; you're not always going to see things eye-to-eye but having a mutual respect for each other means that's okay.


The family I have through Jay is almost all the family I have. I greatly appreciate them and love them immensely. They have accepted me into their ranks with open arms and make me feel like I've always belonged here. I wish I had a picture of ALL of us but that's near impossible. Instead, I have these:


From left to right - Me, Phoenix, Jay, Darla, Mike, Joel, Thom, Mindy, Sydney, Ron, Dylan and Samantha.


It's from 2008 so we're missing Paxton and Haley. 




This is me and Jay with his sister, Ambyr, her hubby Josh and their three beautiful girls, Bailey, Sidney and Taylor. 



Here's Grandpa Turley, Spencer and Ashley. 
   
And their absolutely adorable kids, Taite and Canyon.


Haven't had the chance to meet Stacy and her family yet or Kendall and his son. We're also missing pictures of Phil and Maddie but I think you get the idea. 


Sometimes it can be hectic, crazy or just plain stressful but I wouldn't change it for anything.


 We are a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews