Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I-Can't-Wait-for-Spring! Cleaning....

Since Mr. Clean started his biz, I've taken it upon myself to do what I can to make the house as perfectly spotless as possibly with two terrors ransacking it on the regular. After a few weeks, I've gotten into a groove. A zen-like routine of cleaning. No, seriously. It's gotten to the point I'm kind of turning OCD. I have to do the same things, EVERY DAY and generally, around the same time, EVERY DAY. 

Ok, no big deal. It's just a routine. And I've gotten good at it. It takes me less time to go through all of my 'compulsions' now then it did four weeks ago. So what do I do? I decide I need to find MORE to do. Right. Ok. Maybe this is a bigger deal than I thought...What have I become? A clean person, that's what. A clean, organized person. I find myself battling my anxiety when I open our closets/drawers/cupboards and see the chaos that's utterly lacking from the rest of the house. There's only ONE solution. CLEAN! 

I tackled our closet first and the main bathroom. Then there's the dresser, the office closet, the Things' closet and the pantry...oh, and the kitchen. Oh my God. What have I started?? I was just trying to keep a clean house! How did I get here?! Am I crazy? 
No. Just ambitious.

It feels good too. Purging all this mess and gaining a clear, orderly home where everything has it's place. It's something I've always wanted and have always been too overwhelmed to undertake. It is a HUGE task to undertake but I'm confident I can do it if I take it day by day, one step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews