Saturday, October 2, 2010

Is it bedtime yet?

Today's a Saturday but it totally feels like a Monday. I was attacked by a tension headache late yesterday afternoon & when reinforcements arrived (A.K.A. Mindy, the-best-Mother-in-Law-ever!), I was promptly dosed with a caffeine-laced Motrin. Needless to say, I was up till the wee hours of the morn; I made the most of it though, dyeing the baby llama glow I have and adding the touches I knew a two-year-old painting desperately needed. 

7 AM came so fast. When do kids reach the stage in life when they want to sleep in on weekends? Is there any hope I'll be able to take advantage when it does happen? No? I didn't think so...

Phoenix had his first Music Together class at school today. I'm really glad I spent the extra money; he seems to enjoy it & it helps him a lot with things like following directions and staying on task. We stayed after to socialize with the other kids & parents for about an hour; I enjoy talking with other parents because you quickly realize you almost always have some sort of common ground. It helps me feel more normal & right now, I really need that. 

I got a call back from Alta Regional yesterday too; Phoenix is at least in the beginning stages of the application process, which helps so much. I still need to take him to the neighborhood school to get speech therapy but Alta will take care of any developmental or occupational therapy he needs.

It seems like parenting could easily be compared to an endless track meet; you're constantly hurdling obstacles, running for all your worth to keep up with the "other guys" (mainly your kid's friends and their parents) only to see the finish line get farther and farther away...

I guess I just need to pace myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews