Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving: My Place, year 1

Thanksgiving was last week and for some unknown reason, (well I could tell you but I'd have to kill you...) we decided to host this year. It wasn't too bad; the scariest thing was where we'd put all seven of us. I did the turkey, mashed potatoes, broccoli w cheese sauce and a green salad. Mom brought green beans that no one ate. I even made my own gravy!! All in all it was a good time.

I'm not sure how soon I'll be comfortable w/ Mom dating though...It was fucking weird to see her all lovey dovey w/ some guy who isn't my dad; holding hands and snuggling on the couch. I never really got to see my parents do this and I sure as hell don't want to watch my mom act like a horny teenager w/ a new boytoy.

Everyone loved the turkey (thanks, Oprah! even though I did modify the recipe...) and once Jay actually tasted the mashed potatoes, he stopped complaining about the "unnecessary" addition of sour cream and cream cheese; about a cup of each along with your few pats of butter makes for a really smooth creamy texture and an amazing non-potatoe flavor. I didn't even have any left over broccoli and conversly, no one touched the green salad. LMFAO.

The one complaint I have about hosting would have to be the lingering...How the hell do I get these people outta my house?? It was around 8 before I could unzip and relax! I'm all for the holidays and "family time" but when dinner's at 3, why the eff do you need to stick around till 8?? GO HOME!!

All and all, it was enough of a success that I'm doing Christmas this year too...I'm still not sure if it's b/c I actually enjoyed hosting or if I'm doing it solely b/c I know what a disaster it will be if I try to let Mom do it. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews