Friday, November 16, 2012

The Tooth Fairy FAILS

You might remember seeing something on the Facebook page about Phoenix losing his first tooth a couple weeks ago. It was a huge day in our house as this was the first tooth EVER to find its way under a pillow and into the hands of the Tooth Fairy. Except, things didn't quite go quite as planned....

When I was a kid, I remember waking up after losing a tooth and excitedly flipping over my pillow, looking for the quarters, or dollar, if it was molar. Now, as a mom, I realize the straight-up ninja skills my mom must have utilized to get that tooth out and put that quarter or dollar in its place and I will admit here, to you guys ONLY, that I totally, completely and utterly FAILED my first time as the Tooth Fairy.

No, I didn't wake him up in the exchange.

No, I didn't lose the lost tooth.

No, I didn't leave him something lame like a penny or a toothbrush.

I FORGOT TO PUT ANYTHING THERE AT ALL. Plain old FORGOT.

In my own defense, if you come to our house anytime after dark, be it five minutes after sundown or 9:45 at night, chances are pretty good I will look like a member of the Living Dead and could very well be passed out on the couch. Honestly though, is there really any excuse for a blunder THIS BIG??

I covered it up really well when he came in to tell me the Tooth Fairy forgot about him, running down to the cupboard and snatching up the $2 bill I had saved for his first lost tooth. I found the little bag we'd put his tooth in still under his pillow and quickly shoved the bill in there, while taking the tooth out. I handed him the bag as I jumped back into my bed and told him to look again, maybe his money had been "hiding".

He wasn't impressed.

He was excited about his two dollars, though & thankfully, doesn't have any other loose teeth. The Tooth Fairy needs a break and a chance to regroup; another mess up like this and she is done for.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, sweetie. Chit happens...you are now a Parent doing a CYA in the best possible style. If Phoenix still remembers it when he's 15, you can both laugh about it. We all screw up...forgive the memory lapse but don't do it again! Cautionary tale courtesy of a mom who f'd up more than once, but usually different stuff each time.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many times we've had to make sure the fairy showed up late. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we've done that a couple of times! We just say that the tooth fairy got stuck in bad weather and called us to say she would be there the following day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done something similar..... One time when my daughter lost her tooth and put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. That night, she would not fall asleep for anything. So of course, I fell asleep before her. The next morning I heard her starting to stir and remembered. I grabbed a dollar and ran in there and slid in to bed next to her, sliding my hand with the dollar under her pillow. She has a tooth fairy pillow and there was no way I could get the tooth out of the little pocket and replace it with a dollar with her right there awake so I just slid the dollar under her pillow. She looks at her little pillow and sees the tooth still there and no money and starts to get upset so I point out the nearby dollar and say it must have slid out. She's very concerned as to why the tooth fairy didn't take the tooth though. So, she decides to put it under her pillow again that night to see if she can trick the tooth fairly. That night, I took the tooth and gave her a dollar coin. Impressed that she was able to trick the tooth fairy, she makes a tooth out of paper and tries again but the tooth fairy will not be fooled twice. She loves telling the story of how she tricked the tooth fairy into giving her 2 dollars. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious and a situation that I see myself in sometime soon. Both of mine are two young for the tooth fairy just yet, thank God. Thanks for sharing! I'm a new fan!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews