Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award

I didn't even know I was in the running but I won. 

My awesome blog-buddy Kelly over at DeBie Hive honors me deeply by presenting me with this award. She's become a great friend and shares her life, struggles and accomplishments with an honesty and clarity I respect and admire. Give her a read; she's definitely worth it.

This is my first award for blogging, EVER, but I'm hoping it's closely followed by a spot in Blogger Idol's Top 13. Wish me luck on that & help out all you can by flooding the Blogger Idol Facebook fan page with blurbs about how awesome Oh Boys is and how much you think I deserve a spot. 

A huge 'thank you' to you guys too, before you rush off to get me that Top 13 spot. You guys motivate me to keep on posting and I really appreciate that you read me, for whatever reason. Even if you're laughing at me instead of with me. Moving along...



Here are the rules:


  • If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
  • Copy and paste the award to your blog.
  • Share 7 random facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
  • Let the other Bloggers know that you have nominated them.

Hmm. Seven random facts. This could get interesting... 

1. I have traveled "internationally" three times. To Canada. 

2. I'm scared of cats. Yes, you read that right. Our cat, not so much, but random cats on the street?? I can see them watching me & plotting...they just sit there but I know they're planning something. 

3. I am a HORRIBLE liar. I don't like to lie so it's incredibly obvious when I try. 

4. I want to make knitting "cool". I don't want to be the weird chick in the corner, playing with some yarn and needles. I want people to see me knitting and think "That looks cool. What's she making??" I want to make them want to knit.

5. I've never been to Disneyland but I got to go to Las Vegas with my dad when I was 15. We stayed at Harrah's, in the room where my grandma had a heart attack. 

6. I was an only child til about 10. Then I found out I had a brother who's 16 years older than me. Since he found Mom, eighteen years ago, we've managed to stay connected & I'm so glad we have. 

7. Even without my brother, my family now includes something like 6 sister-in-laws and 10 brother-in-laws. I don't even know if I can count all the nieces and nephews so don't ask me to try. Please. 

I hope those are random enough for you. I'm sure I could come up with a ton more but I'll spare you.

Now on to the blogs that I follow, new & old. 

First up, is one of my favorite recent finds, Humble Writes Words. She is honest, hilarious and of course, humble. 

Love that Max is a blog I found when I first realized Phoenix had real speech issues. I learned that I didn't have it so rough and fell in love with a little boy who LOVES all things purple. 

You can find just about anything over in Mandyland. She really got me with her Ficitional Mandyland. Go lose yourself for a bit.

Never not Knitting is one of my all-time favorite knitting blogs. She even has PODCASTS for those of you rockin' those i-perds and whatnot.

The very first time I found I Want a Dumpster Baby, I fell in love. Funny, sassy and always entertaining, she will leave you wiping your eyes EVERY SINGLE TIME. Even when she gets serious.

Yarn Harlot is my other go-to knitting blog. She definitely makes knitting look cool. 

I've found quite a few blogs to love via Facebook and the fan pages these blogs have created. It's an awesome way to tap into new people & get new readers.

You Know It Happens In Your House Too & it usually does. I'm a mom so I gravitate to other Mom blogs. Funny mom blogs. This is definitely one of those. It also helps that she posts photos of her BF Johnny Depp, all day long. SWOON.

Here's another one of my favorite Mom blogs: She has daughters. She runs A LOT and she's Tripping While Standing Still. Go catch her now.

What I Really Meant to Say was you have to check out Jennay (just like Forrest Gump says). She's from the South and full of southern spice. 


Then there's the mom I really wish I could be sometimes. Mom Uncensored. She really does take the filter down and says what she feels. Oh, and she's from the PNW so she HAS to be cool.  

Mommy Has a Potty Mouth might say some naughty things every now and then but she will make you laugh till you pee yourself just about every day.

And then there's Mommy Drinks Because You Cry, who shows us what it's like for those of us who work AND mother. And she does it so well. 

If you like music, you'll enjoy A.D.D. Music Mama and her love of every sort of music, ever. 

Daddy doin' work is a favorite because he's a DAD. I think it's freaking awesome. He not only stays home with his Daughter Doin' Work, he blogs about it so we can all go, "AW!" when he does something awesome like tell off an ass-hat at the gas station.

People I Want To Punch In The Throat says things you wish you could and does it all in such a funny way, you may need some extra pants.


There are more but I think I should save some in case I have to do something like this again. Thanks again to Kelly, at DeBie Hive for my nomination! THIS WAS FUN! And challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews