Friday, December 5, 2008

Another Big Day...

Yesterday was another special day in the Murphy house: Phoenix turned three!!
It was a momentous occasion, even if we don't have the finances to make it lavish. He's on the verge of spitting out verbage and is expanding on the words he can pronounce with some kind of clarity. His favorite right now is "huh uh" and the oh-so-annoying "NO!". I can say I don't think he honestly understands the full meaning of the word since he says it for things he obviously wants like candy or his blankie; I think he just knows that it irks us and says it to incite a reaction, which is, of course, is inevitable.
While it so much fun watching him grow up, I can't help but feel a little sad that I'm losing my baby boy. I can only imagine what this will feel like when he's turning 16...He's become so independant and he's looking more and more like a little boy, losing that baby face, getting taller and taller. Just like every mom, I know he will alays be my little boy but I can see the "man" in him now. The older he gets, the more of my dad I see. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, we'll know when the awkward stage hits, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews